|Waiting for spring which has still not sprung.|
and jump into the puddles, while she kept tugging at him. She was carrying a couple shopping bags in the other hand and barking at someone through her cell phone.
I watched them for a bit and had a sudden spark of inspiration on what I wanted to blog about next. I'm going to compose a list of things I want to do before I have children. No, let's go bigger than that. A list of things I want to do before I have children and get married. What do I want to do during the years I have left as a young, independent woman? No other question could thrill me as much. Women today aren't expected to marry young and pop five kids out before she hits 30. I do want to get married and have kids eventually (3 is a nice number), but I still have so many things I want to accomplish before then. What exactly, you ask? Well, I'm about to tell you. Feel free to make your own list and steal ideas from me!
1. Spend an entire day hiking alone. Just me, mother nature, and a backpack full of water bottles and granola bars.
2. Live alone. Except for the company of a dog, of course.
3. Become fluent in Italian.
4. Get my degree in Journalism.
5. Travel back to Europe for the third time.
6. Learn to play the harmonica (already a working progress).
7. Write a book.
8. Visit New York City.
9. Find my signature cocktail drink.
10. Have a professional portrait done of me.
11. Go canoing across Lake Erie.
12. Take a road trip somewhere - anywhere - with good company.
13. Plant a tree and visit it every year to see how much 'my tree' grows.
15. Be a bridesmaid.
16. Ride in a hot air balloon.
17. Meet the one, the only, the truly inspiration and wonder woman extraordinaire - Elizabeth Gilbert.
18. Date someone who's totally not my type.
19. Make enough money from a job that I love so that I can actually afford to cross things off this list.
20. Visit the island of Santorini in Greece
21. Win something big like a fridge or the lottery.
22. Find my own personal paradise.
23. Learn to cook. You know, real food. That doesn't come in a can.
24. Witness a miracle.
25. Become more fit with age, not less.
|Santorini, Greece. Also potentially my own personal paradise?|